Saturday, October 8, 2011

When it rains, it pours!

As usual, I have more work than hours in the day.  I've had to put my condom couture dress aside to do some work for a paying client.  The fun part of being a freelance fashion designer and couture embroidery service is that every project is completely different from the last.  I get to learn something new.  The bad part of the job is that the distance between paying jobs can be a little longer than I'd like so I take jobs that can give me good contacts lead to future jobs or challenge me in a new way.  The "tools" above have been occupying my time lately.  It's a couture embroidery job for a mother of the bride dress.  It's really quite stunning but has been an astounding amount of work.  In the past week, I've probably had a grand total of 12 hours of sleep.  Yesterday, I was so exhausted that I managed to sleep through the incredible volume of the Blue Angels, flying over head while a crew ground up and repaved the road in front of my house!  I have about another week or so of this sheer exhaustion before I can finally get back to some semblance of sanity.

I've taken lots of pictures of my work and will post them after the wedding.  Meanwhile, I'm catching up on old movies (currently watching Breakfast at Tiffany's for the umpteenth time.  Wow she had the most amazing wardrobe of any movie I can remember) as I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment